Brief overview on destination
Known for its beaches and rainforests, Malaysia also offers buzzing cities and culinary sensations. With the capital, Kuala Lumpur being filled with historical monuments, humongous shopping malls and lively nightspots, the capital is a definite holiday destination. Wanting to travel back in time to old-world Asia? Then travelling to Penang will be for you. It’s well known as the food capital of Malaysia as well as holding the vipers for the Snake Temple! Surrounded by clear blue sea is Langkawi, with the jungle clad hills and the in land of the island being filled with striking green fields. The seas here are renowned for their remarkable diving opportunities!
- Park Royal Penang is an Asia styled resort, with only a minute walk to the sandy beaches and the beautiful blue seas. The hotel offers a variety of day trips so if you’re not one to sit and sunbath all day, this is for you! Just over 10km from Georgetown and 18km from the airport, the hotel is in a very good location for those who want to be local to everything.
- A little further out from the airport is the Hard Rock Hotel, however the 45-minute drive is made up due to the close proximity of the local night market. The hotel offers a swim up bar which is the ultimate way to watch the sun set with your loved one. With a large outdoor pool and thrilling waterslides, there’s something to keep everyone entertained. The little ones can be kept occupied at kid’s club which the hotel also offers.
- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa faces Andaman Sea, looking out to the rest of the ocean. Offering romantic candle lit dinners on the private beach, this resort is perfect for couples who want some peaceful alone time. The resort offers a variety of activities including the opportunity to hire bicycles as well as playing tennis on the on-site courts. The Langkawi Harbour is only a short walk away and is a must see attraction along with the restaurants it has to offer off shore.
- If you’re after the exclusive, private feel to your holiday then Berjaya Langkawi Resort is for you! The individual chalets are set both in and out of the sea, giving you an option depending on what you prefer! The resort is set on perfect white sands and surreal blue sea along Burau Bay.
- For those who want to be more inland, Grand Hyatt is an ideal hotel! Located near the Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Convection Centre, the hotel is perfect for those who want to explore. With state of the art décor and exclusive views of the area, the hotel gives off an extremely professional look and feel.
- Park Royal Serviced Suites offer exclusive self-catering facilities with two outdoor pools, a hot tub and a sauna. With a short walk to Bukit Bintang, the district of shopping and entertainment there is something to do no matter what time of day it is.
Things to Do
- Escape Adventure land
- Adventure Zone Theme Park
- Penang War Museum
- Made In Penang Interactive Museum
- Langkawi Cable Car
- Langkawi Wildlife Park
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park
- Aquaria KLCC
- Kek Lok Si Temple
- Penang Hill
- Sky Bridge
- Gunung Raya
- Petronas Towers
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building
- Batu Caves